Wednesday, October 16, 2013

All Clad Stainless Kitchen Helpers



Student cookware
First of all, this set is NOT the made-in-USA All-Clad, which is made in Pennsylvania in a special factory with special materials, but is made in China for All-Clad. The pieces are small, with no lids, and no lids are available. This is a freebie that comes if you buy a set of "the other" All-Clad. Probably an experiment to see if China can do as well as the USA.

That said, the pieces are smaller than the usual smallest All-Clad pieces. Remembering that you can never fill a cooking pan brimful, you should count on a capacity of only a few cups in these "helpers." They are just about right for heating up a small portion of something if you live in student digs.

Great set, great gift
We have a lot of All-Clad pieces and when I first saw these I couldn't believe the price. Another reviewer mentioned they are made in China for All-Clad. I've used All-Clad for many years and these seem to be as well built as the USA versions. A lid IS available for the sauce pan, just buy a 1 or 2 quart sauce pan lid. The pieces are a little small, but I use they for many things.

The price is right for giving as a gift. Each pan is in it's own box inside a bigger, so they can be given as two gifts.

I highly recommend these pans.

Wow - I never had cookware that performs this well!
I just recently received this set as a gift from my wife. I'd been talking about updating some of the accessories in our kitchen and cookware was one of the things I couldn't decide on. We've had Farberware for 20 years and been mostly satisfied with its performance - but I really wanted something a little more sturdy. So when these showed up I was excited to try them out. My experience so far leads me to believe that these things will last forever if you take care of them. I find that they fit the way I cook and are really easy to clean - if you follow the directions. I couldn't be more impressed.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment