Saturday, October 19, 2013

Victorinox 6" Forged Boning Knife



a good knife at a good price
I've had this knife so long maybe they aren't making so many of these straight handled versions anymore? Most of what comes up in a search these days for Victorinox 'boning' or 'filleting' knife will have a very curved ergonomic handle. I own and have worked with both types of handle styles and my preference often comes down to the specific task it's designed for; I have to say this straight handled model has served me well for years.

This knife is very comfortable - the straight handle helps me get a good solid grip on the knife to work cleanly and precisely, for example when deboning a chicken. Admittedly even after watching dozens of how-to videos on you tube my technique is still terrible but the knife does all the work - very sharp, flexible, and shaped to be accurate so all that's left when I'm done are the bare bones.

Most of my knives play the "all purpose" role at some point; the beauty of novice ownership of something is that you broaden its destiny by...





Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment