Sunday, October 13, 2013

World Cuisine 19 5/8 Inch Black Steel Paella Pan



one lovely pan
just perfect for my needs.
much better then nonstick pans
first need really good clean I mean very good clean,on inside surface/remove the factory oils ,grease.

Not usable on flat burners...
I purchased the pan because of its depth and thought there couldn't be very much wrong with it. It's quite thin, but I don't consider that as a problem, it heats up quickly this way and is easier to handle than a heavy steel pan.

However, this pan is not usable on flat burners (like an electric kitchen stove). The bottom is (I'm not sure whether it happened during seasoning) shaped a bit like a bowl and not flat, so there is very little contact with the stove and it doesn't sit properly on the burner. That doesn't matter for gas stoves, but in my case the pan is pretty much unusable. The vendor of the pan also did not respond to my inquiry about this issue. So either I got a defective pan or it's just this bad. Luckily, I could just turn it in to Amazon and can buy a different pan now.

Makes awsome amounts of paella
This for the 19 inch pan. The pan is big but it fit perfect on the 22" weber kettle. Carbon steel heats up quick and cooks evenly. No hot spots and a nice crust is had.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment