Sunday, October 13, 2013

TruClad Non-Stick Skillet Size: 12-in.



would be 5 * if they had a helper handle
I've reviewed many of the Zwilling Truclad items and noted each time the wonderful quality, weight, value for the price (I know it seems high if you're used to Kitchenaid, celebrity cookware, etc. but these are heading into another level of cookware akin to All Clad where trust me the prices seem like a STEAL) but the one complaint I had is that on their larger pots/pans (specifically this and the 4 quart saucepot) they haven't put on a helper handle. With the extra weight of three layers of metal ALL throughout (which of course is a great feature for cooking) and then the weight of the extra food in these larger pots/pans it just becomes too much to carry - let alone POUR - with just the one long handle. So to reiterate, GREAT pan and I highly recommend it, just be warned that it is a challenge to then spoon/pour the food gracefully out the side like you can with the smaller pots/pans in this line.

High Priced
Time of use - 3 months.

Pros: Nice looking pan, heavy, sturdy, well made,works well with induction, standard 12 in. lid fits.

Cons: No helper handle, sticks as much as other stainless pans, no lid, no easier to clean than any other stainless.

Overall - If I had it to do over would have been opted for a brand named pan with a lid at half the price.

My Plan - Pull out the old Griswold cast iron skillet that is nearly indestructible, near nonstick when kept up correctly. (I did have to sandblast it after 30 years of use from using too much oil at too high a temp). It is heavier than my wife likes to use. All of the ceramic I have used only works for a time. Tired of replacing it.



Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment