Wednesday, October 16, 2013

All-Clad Copper-Core Stainless Steel 3-Quart Saute and Simmer Pan



perfect pan
I just purchased this pan after having impressive results with the copper core fry pan. I love this pan and use it much more than the fry pan. The added height of the sides allows this to have multiple uses and the lid is great. I have used this pan to sear salmon, whip up a risotto and for stir frying vegetables, all with great results. Every time the pan cleans up incredibly well. I thought I was going to have a hard clean up with one dish but after soaking in warm water for 20 minutes the pan cleaned up looking brand new. I am very happy with the responsiveness to temperature adjustments. I am a hard core Le Creuset fan but and very happy to add this to my cooking arsenal.

Perfect Sized Pan
I get a lot of use from this pan because it's a cross between a fry pan and a sauce pan. The sides are higher than the Copper Core frying pans and the lid to this pan will also fit the All Clad Copper Core 10 inch fry pan. I have prepared risotto, chicken Marsala, omelets, burgers, etc. in this pan. I own seven Copper Core pans and do not cook with anything else other than one enameled cast iron pan. They clean up easily with Bar Keepers Friend (powder, not liquid version) and my pans still look like new despite putting them in the dishwasher. The value of Copper Core is the even heat conduction. I cook on an electric flat top stove. When I use a burner that is smaller than the pan footprint, the pan still cooks evenly and not just in the middle. These are pans that will last a lifetime and you will pass on to someone later in life. Yes they are an investment, but how many sets of crappy pans do people end up buying over the course of a several years? These are the last pans that you...



Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment